Since then, the Bavarian State Ministry of Health and Care stands for what people want most: Health and quality of life – in every phase of life and into old age. The following questions are at the forefront:
- How do I stay healthy as long as possible?
- How do I get the best possible care when I am sick?
- How can I grow old with dignity?
People and their needs are always central to the health and care policies for Bavaria.
Therefore, prevention and health promotion is a high priority, which is laid out in our health initiative and in the Bavarian prevention plan.
Another important goal of the Bavarian health policy is to ensure comprehensive quality care. Examples here are
- Continuous investment cost funding via the annual hospital construction program,
- the successful programs
- the establishment funding of physicians (male and female) in rural areas and
- funding of regional cooperation in the health sector (health regionsplus)
An integral part of Bavarian health policy is also the expansion of palliative medical care and hospice care structures.
In addition, the framework for human care is an important concern. For this, the Bavarian Care Ministry funds example specialist agencies for caregiving relatives and is committed to making the nursing profession more attractive.
Furthermore, the Bavarian State Ministry of Health and Care, as the highest professional authority is responsible for the public health service, for hygiene and infection control as well as for the medicines and pharmacy sector. It is supported by the health authorities and the Bavarian State Office for Health and Food Safety. In addition, the Ministry exercises the legal supervision over the region’s immediate public health insurance companies in Bavaria. The Bavarian State Examination Office for Social Security reviews the efficiency and legality of the administrative actions of the social security agency under the control of the Free State.
Born in Bamberg on September the 9th, 1975.
Married, 2 sons, Roman Catholic.
State Minister Melanie Huml
Joined the Junge Union (JU) CDU/CSU youth organisation in Bavaria
2001 – 2011
Various functions in the Junge Union in Bavaria
Joined the CSU (Christian Social Union) and the Frauen-Union (women’s organisation in the CSU)
2002 – 2005
Member of Bamberg County Council
Member of the Bavarian Landtag (State Parliament)
Member of CSU regional executive in Upper Franconia
Associate member of the CSU party executive
2007 – 2008
State Secretary in the Bavarian State Ministry of Labour, Social and Family Affairs and Women
2008 – 2013
State Secretary in the Bavarian State Ministry of the Environment and Health
2008 – 2014
Member of the City Council of the City of Bamberg
Deputy chair of the CSU regional executive in Upper Franconia
Member of the Frauen-Union executive committee
Member of the CSU presidium
State Minister in the Bavarian State Ministry of Health and Care
Member of the CSU party executive
- Chair of the Board of Trustees of Bamberg University
- Chair of “Oberfranken Offensiv e.V.“
- Chair of the „Zirkus Giovanni“ Foundation Advisory Council of the DonBosco youth organisation in Bamberg
- Member of the Board of Trustees of the state branch of Deutsche Lebensrettungsgesellschaft (DLRG = German Lifeguard Association)
- Member of the Board of the Ulrich Gessler Foundation, Nuremberg
Training and professional career
Abitur (university entrance qualification) at the Kaiser-Heinrich-Gymnasium in Bamberg
Studied medicine at the Friedrich-Alexander-University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
2002 – 2004
Worked at the hospitals Klinikum Bamberg and Kantonales Spital Grabs (Switzerland)
Licence to practice medicine